Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rape- “When and Where”

While going trough the sub headlines entitled “Victim of rape in childhood” I don’t know the exact date or name of the paper; I tried to search I found many with the same headlines. In same paper, Some village in Rautahat (Terai district of Nepal), 10 women including 15 year old girl had been raped by group of four men. Because of threat, they couldn’t even complain anywhere. Having the rebel within oneself, I am typing this thing about the cruelest violence to woman by man entitled in newspaper as “Cruel Violence-Rape”. I don’t know, when and where, this incident occurred. We all grew up hearing, the stories clothes stealing by Lord Krishna or “Draupadi’s Vastraharan*”. But in one of the saying of Philosopher Confucius which sounds something like this, “if anyone try to rape you, the fight against it till you last, do so with all of your strength, if can’t fight anymore lay down quietly”. As a male I can’t get through this proverb, but I knew one thing that about 2500 years ago, this bad incident used to occur.

(*) Draupadi was the wife of five husbands (The Pandavs).

No comments: