Sunday, August 19, 2007

Boat Boat everywhere not a single one to row

Yesterday evening me and Rabin, a friend of mine went to Nagpokhari, there was a festival of Nagpanchami is happening with heavy crowd with lots of fun and feast. One friend of mine, who had install the counter for the rowing the boat over Nagpokhari, it costs around 20 nepali rupees, I asked him for a one ride on it and he willingly invited me and didn’t charged me a single rupee. There were around 3 rafting boats and I asked him that how much he earned that day. He replied it’s around 2 thousands rupees but half than the previous day and said wish that fest last for more days so that he could earn good sum of money with the help of three rafting boat. He added he had to pay 500 for each boat as rent. I wished him luck and returned home. Turned on TV and flash in news read that “ more than 8 thousands family is homeless due to flood, no food supply or any kind of medical help due to lack of boat” I remembered “The boat”. Won’t that rafting boat kept for fun help. To make people happy is good what if we can make others live. Those boats waiting for customer (now I say those who pays to row it for fun) will surely sustain many lives who had be deprived of daily basic necessities in Terai. No matter how much donation we collect in different form if we can’t take it to right place at right time it’s of no use. So I request all those collectors of donation to buy some boats so that their help goes to the respective family on time other wise…………. I know you guys will start another event in the name of flood victims. Beware and be on time….

No comments: