Saturday, September 1, 2007

The day I was dreaded

It seems like it was Haloween or Gandthemangal (our version of haloween) but it was not so. It was examination day as everybody’s extreme fearful day, and it was very recent exam I had given and that’s too of my favorite subject biochemistry. It’s was held just a month ago. The exam was postponed due to some technical problem previously and we were to be notified when the next date will be confirmed. But I got the news just a week before that we were having examination. And I started preparing but next morning I woke up with cold, cough and fever. I was never afraid of giving examination, as I was told I had a examination panic. I was sweating like pig but still feeling chilly and I was shaky like mouse caught up in rain. For who four day prior to my exam but just before the two days of exam I was fit and fine as if nothing happened to me.
I was thinking about dropping my exam but I couldn’t do it as I was told by some of my friends not to drop the exam. I went there everybody was cramming and buzzing like bee outside of exam hall but my mind was totally vacant almost zero without any deviation. I again came out of there. Still I was warned my one of my friend that if I could not do it now I will never passed again, the truth I was well acquainted with. And I came along with that friend entered to the exam hall. Then comes my life, my girl with tears on her eye and told not to drop exam and wished the most needed best wishes and she went, question paper and answer sheet was distributed and my heart was pounding ………………. Oh! I started to read the question and TCA cycle, b-oxidation of palmitate, and Purine metabolismjust 35 marks not enough for me to get even passed but rather staying idle I started writing now the matter was not being pass to spend my time for at least 2 hours. I started with the flowchart of TCA cycle and started to write all I knew about it. Then b-oxidation of palmitate, I knew it by heart from the class, the teacher was so strict that I didn’t need to study even in exam I was so sure about it. Then my favorite metabolism ie Purine metabolism, I wrote along with its chemical structure and it’s pathway of degradation. Now, nothing left to write I was just holding my head; suddenly some of the things I studied like amino acids and protein structure was asked in that question, I wrote whatever I knew though it was not my level best but I tried and overall if I have to judge myself I had done uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm not bad.
Since that day I learned the new chapter, it’s our stupidity to let go things before facing them. I know I will pass that exam though the marks will not be good enough and only thing I can to is expecting the results.

1 comment:

said...

yup you are right. giving up before facing has been our norms.