Friday, July 27, 2007

Bhupi sherchan

"Ghumne Mech Mathi Andho Manche(A blind man on the revolving chair)," "Sahid Ko Samjhana(In the memory of martyr)," "Main Batti Ko Sikha(Flame of a candle)," "Ghantaghar(Clocktower)," "Hami(Us)," are just the name of the few books that I like the most in nepali literature all are written by Late Bhupi Sherchan. The down to the earth person having the poetry thrust on him. Though I never was interested in the poems or any other forms of literature. But since I bought the first poem work written by him, I was unknowingly attracted towards this subject. And I started my search in internet, I got 665 hit in name of Bhupi Sherchan which is far less than the Shakespeare who topped by 83,300 hits in his name. Isn't it a time to popularize great works of poets? I never read Shakespeare, so I don’t have any rights to talk about him or I hate to talk about him. Bhupi Sherchan analyzed Nepalese and Nepalese life in various aspect but showing the better way had been his major contribution. His writing needed to be heard outside the literary sphere as he wrote about alienation taking the laurey and migrants as the issue. About religion, where men made by god keep on making the sculpture of god; still talking as believer in skeptical manner. His ability to compare things as it is not what it seems to be can be taken as his main strength which is profound in his work.

“Yo hallai halla ko desh ho” or “It is an country of hearsay and rumors” that has been much quoted after the Royal massacre on June 1. Government mediocrity, contradictory narratives, lack of proof around the spot made public a different perspective to added just more rumor to that massacre. The ends of this poem are so able to justify those moments. Really this country is country of hearsay and rumors, he had seen it 30 years before than we did. Honored with Sajha puruskar (The biggest literary award of Nepal), he tirelessly served the country providing us a new vision sounds better if I say better vision will remain forever young in my heart.

You wrote to stimulate not for a fun.

In the hardest of moment didn’t hide or run.

Whisky during the dusk and steaming tea started your dawn

How can I pay my respect to my beloved Bhupi Sherchan.

2 comments:

Settled Gypsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shardul said...

Bhupendra sherchan: one of the most important and great free style poem writer of this century in Nepalese literature. His style of vision, his arrangement of word, his analysis of Nepali culture, people, language, style, friendliness of people, was such a great and somewhat touchy and always empowering your soul.
anyway he is a great inspirer of all time
his inspiration to Nepali are always great,
though few books are published in his name but they are enough to caliber him as the foremost free style writer and creator of the free style writing.
any big tribute and salute to such an historic man